Wednesday 7 September 2011

Egg mayo & roast tomato sandwich

Ingredients
Bread, baby plum tomatoes, eggs, black pepper, mayonnaise.
Following on from my eggs mayonnaise recipe - my favourite way to serve it is in this gorgeous sandwich.

1) Slice the tomatoes in half and lay them face down on a baking tray. Roast for 10 minutes until the skin is just beginning to blacken.

2) Butter your bread (I think this goes perfectly on freshly baked baguette - recipe for baguette coming soon - but in this case I'm using La Brea olive oval because I am hopelessly addicted to it!) and spread a generous layer of eggs mayonnaise onto it.

3) Gently remove the tomatoes from the baking tray and rest on the eggs mayonaise.

Everything Goes With Toast   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP