Sunday 9 October 2011

Baked grapefruit


Ingredients

1 Pink grapefruit, 2 tsp muscovado sugar, 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt
Serves: 1 Preparation: 10 minutes


I love grapefruit. If I ever get time in the morning to eat at home, rather than at my desk I love nothing more than the fresh tang of a juice grapefruit. This recipe is a twist on the classic healthy breakfast for winter mornings.


1) Slice the grapefruit in half with a serrated knife and loosen each segment with the knife


2) Sprinkle each half with a teaspoon of sugar. Bake in the oven at 180 for 10 minutes.


3) I like to finish by caramelising the top further with a little extra sugar and a brulee torch but you could do this under the grill. Serve with a tablespoon of greek yoghurt - in this case I used the fabulous Apple & Elderflower yoghurt by Rachel's organic because it's also low fat making this breakfast both yummy and healthy.

Everything Goes With Toast   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP