Monday 3 October 2011

Tartare style parsley sauce



Ingredients


 20g Flour, 40g butter, 400ml cream, 2 pickled gherkins, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, 15g parsley, 5g dill.
Serves: 6 Preparation: 10 minutes


I am renowned for being the world's most rubbish vegetarian. No seriously - I am allergic to mushrooms and intolerant to soya which is in EVERYTHING these days: Soy sauce, soy nuts and edamame are a no, as are most breads because of the soya flour, I can't eat most chocolate because full of cheap emulsifier called soya lecithin (or pork fat!)... I also loathe fish and I mean seriously loathe it. No matter how fresh the fish or how subtle the smell it makes me retch. The Boy, my soon-to-be husband loves it however and I'm not the sort of vegetarian who likes to inflict my personal choices on others so I cook fish for him from time to time. I created this mixture between tartare sauce and parsley sauce especially for him.


1) Melt the butter in a milk pan and whisk in the flour to make a roux


2) Finely chop the parsley and dill, dice the gherkins and add to the pan along with the double cream. Whisk briskly until the sauce increases in volume and the texture stiffens enough to coat the whisk.


3) Add the tablespoon of white wine vinegar, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and continue to whisk, off the heat until it has been incorporated.


4) I served this dolloped over rainbow trout with beer battered onion rings and steamed garden peas. The sauce will keep in the fridge for about a week and can be served warm or cold.

Everything Goes With Toast   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP