Sunday 30 October 2011

Tomato & Cucumber salad



Ingredients
Baby plum tomatoes, 1/2 cucumber, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mint, salt
Serves: 4 Preparation: 5 minutes


Sometimes the simplest ingredients are the most delicious and this salad is a true tribute to that. So fresh and light and perfect on the side of something rich like the buffalo steaks that I bought at Cornucopia last weekend where I had a stall flogging my lavender jam.


1) Wash the cucumber thoroughly if it's not organic - they are often waxed to help them keep their shape - and cut thick slices (about 1.5cm) into half of the cucumber. Quarter each slice.


2) I used baby plum tomatoes because I think they have a sharp, sweet taste - the smaller the tomato the more concentrated the flavour in my opinion. Cut about 15 tomatoes in half


3) Finely dice a handful of mint leaves and stir in a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar to make the dressing.


4) Toss the tomatoes and cucumbers in the dressing and serve, sprinkled with a pinch of salt.

Everything Goes With Toast   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP