Wednesday 4 January 2012

Chocolate & avocado mousse


Ingredients
1 avocado, 4 tablespoons cocoa powder

Serves: 2 Preparation: 5 minutes

If you are a vegan or part of the raw food movement then this concept may not seem so strange to you, for plain old vegetarians like myself or omnivores I can imagine you wondering what the point of this recipe is but I promise you - this will be the silkiest, thickest chocolate mousse you've ever eaten and it's virtually sin-free because avocado is a GOOD fat. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it...) Give it a try and let me know what you think - personally I think the avocado gives this a fresh enough taste to remove that sickly "death by chocolate" feeling.

1) Slice the avocados in half and remove the stones. Using a spoon, scoop the avocado flesh from the shell, taking care to scrape out the dark green butter and add to a blender.


2) Pulse the avocado until completely smooth, then add the cocoa powder (I made two batches - one with milk chocolate powder, one with dark chocolate powder and I can honestly say that both work - go with your preference)


3) Serve immediately - I found this worked beautifully with strawberries.

Everything Goes With Toast   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP